Thursday, March 06, 2008

All work and no play...

I am exhausted. Today is my day off after nine days in a row at the store and I've decided I'm doing absolutely nothing until rehearsal tonight. I'm finding it a little hard to follow through on doing nothing though. I seem to have such little free time lately that I feel the need to squeeze everything I can out of what little time there is.

Things that I'm having a hard time not doing today include preparing for my March 30 sermon and filling out a doctrinal questionnaire from the Christian & Missionary Alliance for the denomination's ministry licensing process that I kicked into high gear last week. Both are things that are very important to me. Both are things that I will need to devote time to in the near future. Both are things that I need to refrain from doing today so that I can get some rest.

I will get a bit more rest this weekend as we go to visit Mom and Dad's tomorrow night and Saturday. This will be the first time we've had a chance to get over there since they finished converting the chicken coup into an art studio. The photos I've seen look fantastic and I can't wait to take in the finished product. We'll hang out, rest and come home in time to get a good night's sleep (minus daylight savings time) before church on Sunday.

Speaking of, worship at Mercy has been going really well lately. I think I'm finally starting to push into some of the areas that Shelby's been pushing me toward over the last year. We had coffee this morning and agree that two of the last three weeks have been Sundays where the power of the Holy Spirit has been evident and we have engaged as a worshipping community. Now, Shel hinted that while he's pleased, I've really only reached the "moderate" end of the scale as far as charismatic worship goes. I'm very encouraged that things are progressing and I'm growing. I'm also trusting that God will bring about the changes necessary for me to reach my full potential as a worship leader for the community at Mercy Church.

No comments: