Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pushed to Grow

A constant theme in our ministry at Mercy is the need for me to grow as a worship leader in the charismatic vein of the church. It's been a struggle to push beyond boundaries that are the result of previous worship traditions, my more introverted tendencies and a simple lack of exposure to the type of worship leader that I am being asked to emulate.

Shel has been very good about stressing that this is not about being something that runs counter to my personality, but about growing into the leader that this particular community of believers needs in order to continue to pursue the vision of Mercy Church. We've had moments in the last four or five months that point to things moving in the right direction, but there still isn't the consistency that all of us would desire.

We will be continuing to check out other leaders at other churches that I can learn from (hopefully we'll be attending one such church later this month), but I would also appreciate prayers for growth and the worship life of Mercy.

1 comment:

David said...

Hey! Just ran across this link and thought I'd throw it into the mix of your growth process ;)

http://www.christianitytoday.com/le/2007/003/7.81.html

Peace,

Dave.