Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Changing Seasons

It's currently hovering right around 0 degrees outside, but things at work are definitely pointing to a change of season. Coats are ridiculously marked down to the point where I hate to go into our cold weather shops to sell because it feels like you're trying to sell at a yard sale. On the flip side, now is the time to buy next season's coat if you can find a size and style that works for you.

I've been spending more and more time in the exercise and bike shops instead simply because I've been dealing with my Youth Cold Weather shop since the last week in July and I just desperately need the coats to go bye-bye. I've been having a good month though as exercise sales are still happening (though not as often as around New Year's) and bike sales are happening a little more often.

Case in point, I'd had a pretty quiet day yesterday in terms of sales and had kept occupied with training a new associate in my shops and consolidating the Youth Cold Weather shop after selling a ton of coats over the weekend and was just about ready to leave when I spotted a couple in bikes. 30 minutes later, two more bikes were out the door and my slow day looked like a really good day for February.

With any luck, we'll be out of the cold weather business in two or three weeks and bikes can rule the world again!

No comments: