Friday, March 02, 2007

Quick Update

For the first time since taking my new position, I had a day completely off yesterday. March roared in with snow and high winds and closed school for Xander and at USF on the only day that I teach. It also closed the store early meaning that my 8pm sales training (which was to have been my last session) and 9pm meeting were both cancelled. We also had to opt for a Saturday rehearsal at church instead of our (somewhat) regular Thursday night rehearsal.

Today I head back out to work at noon even though it's still a bit of a mess outside. We live right on a snow route though, so I shouldn't have any trouble getting where I'm going. We'll see if I actually get to sell anything today. We've had several days lately where the weather has been a bit less than ideal which has made work very slow at times. I'm also at a disadvantage because most of the space that I will have to manage for bikes is currently filled with coats. Until the coats move, I don't have much space to play around with my inventory. That will change soon enough.

I've also been spending a bit more time on the trainer in preparation for my Trek trip. I doubt I'll get to do a lot of riding there, but I don't want to be totally embarrassed should the opportunity present itself. It does get a bit hard to drag myself into the cold, cement basement to ride, but the iPod has been helping out a great deal. I did up a playlist with several hundred songs of appropriate tempo and mood to ride with and put it on shuffle. Sometimes I ride with a specific timeframe in mind with specific interval training in mind, but mostly I just ride the tempo of the music. Those workouts are a lot more enjoyable and seem to go by faster.

I was talking with my neighbor, Dick, the other day and he said that he's done 1000 miles over the winter. Overachiever.

1 comment:

JGaroutte said...

wow... and here I am, excited that I've been able to at least get up and do SOMETHING physically... I've got a FitDeck, so 5 out of the last 7 days I've warmed up with 3 min. of jump rope, gone through 6 cards, and cooled down with another 3 min. of jump rope (about 25 min. of exercise). It's been so long since I've actually been on my bike, I figured I might as well get in a habit of regular exercise before I kill myself on the Trek... Once I'm in a comfortable routine, I'll probably switch it up--every other day with the FitDeck and cycling...

I WILL BE ON THE ROAD THIS SUMMER--I WILL!