Saturday, January 13, 2007

A long overdue thanks to Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad,

I would like to (belatedly) thank you for all of the thankless jobs that you did when I was a kid that I either resented or simply took no notice of including, but not limited to, the following:

-getting me food and drink at meals, snack times and any other times to simply get me to stop whining
-dressing me in clothing appropriate to the weather even when I wanted to wear something else
-waking me up in the morning in order to get me to school
-putting me to bed at a reasonable time, even when I fought it
-combing my hair and making me take a bath
-listening to my endless "insights" about Star Wars and any other obsession I happened to pursue

The list could go on, but suffice it to say that life with two and seven year old kids makes you realize a bit more how ungrateful you must have been.

You're the best and I love you both!

Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!

Love you too!