Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dreams and Visions

I've found myself drawn to the "minor prophets" of the Old Testament of late. One of the things that God has been impressing on me is how often I look for verbal communication from Him but ignore other ways in which He may be trying to speak. In Joel 2:28 the Lord says, "I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." The writings of the prophets contain visions and dreams aplenty and have caused me to rethink how I communicate with God.

I have always had the habit of praying for the Lord to "speak" to me, which has always had a more verbal connotation to it. I'm now finding myself praying for the Lord to reveal to me what He wants me to know, through the spoken or written word, dreams, visions or however else He would choose. I'm not sure that my dreams have been infused with meaning or that I've had any visions of late, but I am finding myself more alert to receive the messages that God intends for me.

No comments: