Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Know There's a Trumpet Lying Around Here Somewhere

In a strange turn of events, I get to be a trumpet teacher again. USF has one student wanting to take lessons and after thoroughly exhausting all other avenues, I will be the Adjunct Professor of Trumpet. I've known about the possibility for a few weeks and have been trying to get myself back into a routine so that I don't completely embarrass myself. I had stopped playing altogether after having my wisdom teeth out earlier this year and developing a "sinus hole" that meant I couldn't even blow my nose for the better part of a month.

I spent a little time digging out all my old books and came across several that I had forgotten years ago. I still have at least one to find that we could probably spend the duration of the student's college career focusing on, but otherwise feel almost ready to start.

Now to figure out a schedule...

No comments: