Friday, May 09, 2008

Sickness and Seminary Class

By the time I got home from church on Wednesday night, I was feeling exhausted from too much work, not enough sleep and a few attempts at 5:30 am bike rides to get a few miles in. Throughout the night my stomach was unsettled, head hurt, alternated between being too hot and too cold and found myself wide awake at 3:00 am despite being physically exhausted. I actually got out of bed, grabbed the iPod and listened to a little Rita Springer just letting it wash over me as I tried to soak body and spirit in rest.

Thursday has been my day off for the last year, so I knew I'd have a chance to sleep some throughout the day, but I had a few morning committments that I feared I might have to miss. Thankfully, a little Tylenol, some Sudafed and some Airborne had me feeling well enough to take on the morning.

Amy and I had been invited to be guest speakers for a worship leadership class at Sioux Falls Seminary by Cory Seibel who spoke at Mercy last fall and I really didn't want to miss it. Thankfully, things went well as we talked about our current roles in worship, what we've done in the past and what worship looks like at Mercy Church.

After class, Amy headed off on her new bike to teach at USF and I had coffee with Shel at Black Sheep. The school year seems to make it almost impossible for us to get together outside of church activities, so I was glad I was able to keep the appointment. I think the last time we'd been able to do that was Good Friday and we're hoping that we'll be able to get more face time with each other over the summer.

By last night, I was feeling okay, but not great and decided to skip our Thursday night product meeting at the store and rest instead. This morning, after a good night's sleep and a little food, I feel much better. That's a good thing since I work the next six days straight. I'm hoping this won't start a new cycle of fatigue and illness.

No comments: