Thursday, January 10, 2008

A good trip

I'm not going to go into the minutia of all of the events of our trip to Indiana as you can get a pretty good overview on Amy's blog, but I do have a few things to comment on.

First, I love how easy it was to step back into each others' lives. We hadn't been back to Marion since May of 2006, but I was amazed at how it seemed like we picked up right where we left off with so many of our friends. I guess it shows how much of a family we are. Obviously we wish we could see each other more often, but such is life.

It was also nice to get a chance to sing at Hanfield and play with a few friends again. It was an easy mode to step back into in terms of leading that congregation. I know that we won't always be doing special music when we go back to visit, but I'm glad that we've had a chance to on a couple of occasions and that people are genuinely glad to see us when we come back.

It does look like we might be back again in July for Cori Helm's wedding, but I haven't looked at the schedule too closely to see if it will be the whole family or just Amy and the kids. I used up half of my 2008 vacation time before I even worked a day and I'm not sure how exactly I'll tap into what little bit is left.

No comments: