Friday, May 13, 2005

Prayer

Lord, may I not think of myself more highly than I should. My talents and abilities conspire to lead me to pride. Those gifts You have given for Your own glory, taken prisoner and made to serve another. Your plans and my pride at war with one another as I make more of myself in my own mind and am, therefore, made into something other than what You created me to be.

God and Father, may you pour out the gifts of Your Holy Spirit on me and may all that is received be offered back to You in worship. May I recognize any wisdom, talent or ability that You bestow as coming from You and may it be added to Your account, not mine.

In recognizing the gifts, may I also recognize where I am weak. May my deficiencies be to Your glory as well as You complete the work that You've started in me and as You help me see how desperately I need those around me.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: