Friday, September 10, 2010

Prayer and Burritos


I had an amazing time in prayer this morning, but this isn't about that. I also had a great time in prayer at the church tonight, but this isn't about that either. This is about what happened in between.

I found myself up early to pray for the church (the aforementioned "amazing time in prayer") and decided that I might fast today as we were praying as a church for this weekend's Kick-Off Event. I decided instead to meditate on God's provision by only eating food if it was offered to me throughout the day.

I headed to the shop (sans breakfast) and settled into work. About an hour later, Darwin showed up with a cappuccino and a Taco John's breakfast burrito for me. I thanked God through every fresh, Tex Mex bite. I didn't tell Darwin what I was doing, but several hours later, when he went to lunch, he came back with two cheese and bean burritos from Taco Bell for me. While Taco Bell is clearly the inferior Mexican fast food choice, I was thankful nonetheless as God had provided yet again.

I shared the story with Amy after praying at the church tonight (the aforementioned "great time in prayer") and she seemed a little less than impressed. She said, "It's not exactly manna from heaven. So, you just ate burritos today?" To which I replied, "Burritos from heaven."

2 comments:

Dad said...

Burritos from Heaven!!!!!! I can't compare it to manna but it had to be wonderful!!!!!

University Center Sioux Falls said...

God's provision, very cool!! Interesting Mexicali theme as well ; )