Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Where I am

I've been absent from this blog for awhile. It's amazing how many things fight for our time, energy and creativity. I've been pouring a bit of energy into other projects that are long overdue and I'm hoping that the summer will be a time of fruitful first steps as I start to dig in a little deeper into some of the things that I felt a pull toward when we first moved to Sioux Falls nearly four years ago. The last four years has mostly been a study in faithful following and day to day living where the prayers and dreams of a satellite soul have been kept mostly orbiting and observing instead of pursuing passions.

I'm hoping to accomplish a few things this summer. I'm starting a songwriters' network where writers are connected with one another for encouragement, challenge and resourcing in the hope that the quality of the art that is created will be of more artistic value and more accessible to those we try to communicate with. I'm still not sure what form this kind of group will take, but we're starting very small and hope that we can hit a stride before opening it up on a larger scale.

I am also working to finish another step in my licensing process with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination. I'm seeking licensing in music as well as possibly pastoring and church planting. Where this will lead is still very open, but I'm hoping that beginning the discussion will begin to help us discern where we should be in ministry. We love Mercy Church and what it stands for, but we also know that one of the passions of Mercy is to plant more churches and are using this as an opportunity to explore whether that might be a part of the vision that we can help carry forward.

In the meantime, there's still full time work managing the bike department at Scheels and the task of trying to balance all of this with family life and spiritual growth. Hoping for a fruitful season ahead.

No comments: