Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weariness and new beginnings

The last month has been all about changing gears and trying to settle into a new rhythm at home, at church, at work, at school and with health. Weariness has run rampant as I've tried to adapt and recover from surgery a couple of weeks ago. Finding a groove that isn't accompanied by fatigue has proven difficult and the increase in commitments at church and new commitments at work have only fueled weariness. I did have a good day yesterday where I felt I was better able to pace my efforts and stay engaged in what I was doing, but today I feel tired and lethargic and haven't even really begun to dig into the things that I need to take care of for this weekend.

On a more positive note, I'm excited about restarting ministry stuff this fall. I've been looking forward to the end of summer (from a ministry standpoint) since it will give us a chance to revamp, restart and reinvest in a way that you just can't do in the summer due to scheduling and consistency issues that always seem to come up from June through August.

I'm taking part in Mercy's Alpha course this fall which is an introductory level look at Christianity and a foundational part of Mercy's discipleship efforts. We had our first meeting last night and I'm looking forward to spending the next few months with this group. After this session of Alpha is over, I'm planning on starting a small group exploring issues of art and faith. Hopefully, there will be much more on that topic to come.

I also got an email earlier from a worship team member about a desire to do more spiritual and musical development as a team, complete with some possible ideas to implement. Bobbi has been talking with Nich and Corey about this topic and all three seem to be desiring to see this happen. I've been sort of waiting for something like this to happen for awhile now but wanted to see a desire for it from within the team before pushing it. It will be interesting to see what shape this takes and how it is embraced once we begin down that road.

1 comment:

JGaroutte said...

Hear about this one yet?

"According to our rules we will be stripping [Landis] of his title and awarding it to Pereiro,''

Whadya think? I just don't know what to say...