Thursday, June 07, 2007

Long Ride and Race Update

I hit the road for 82 miles this morning for my first really long ride of the year. I'm doing the 100 mile day of the Tour de Kota on Tuesday, so I figured I'd best test myself and see how close I am to being ready. I did the first 40 into the wind (which was blowing pretty consistently at around 20 mph) and had it blow me home. If the 100 mile ride had been today, we'd have had a tail wind for all but about 20 miles of it. Hope next week is kind.

Our team is struggling along in the store's "Race Across America". We had one guy come up short on miles last week and another way short on miles and needing to be replaced due to a knee injury. We're currently sitting in 8th place and I'm wishing that I could log more miles to help bridge the gap, but I'm at my maximum allowable input. Looks like I probably won't be winning a bike (not the end of the world) or the accessories (only two of which I plan to keep anyway). I'm still enjoying riding borrowed stuff.

Our rehearsal for tonight got derailed as we had a couple of guys that couldn't make it. Problem is, the time they can do it is Saturday when I'm not available. We opted to have the core of the band at rehearsal rather than me this time around as we've got a new song that we're learning and extra songs to practice for a gig in Mitchell on Sunday afternoon. I'm sure we'll be fine, but scheduling has become somewhat of a headache of late.

No comments: