Monday, November 06, 2006

Too Nice to Work

I took a half day of vacation today since there was nothing to do in the shop and it was too beautiful a day to not spend at least part of it on the bike. I knocked out 22 miles with a fairly decent average speed on a day where the standard geek/chic bike jersey and shorts combo was sufficient apparel for the elements. Not a long way, but enough to get the blood pumping and dislodge some of the Halloween chocolate from my system. In actuality, I needed to get back fairly quickly so Amy could pick Xander up from school and play for a departmental recital at USF without the kids in tow.

I love having a job where needing to go for a bike ride is a legit excuse for leaving early. The fact that I could still get paid the time that I was gone was just icing.

No comments: