Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Steppin' Out

Long time since I checked in. Our computer went down in mid February, its replacement took about four weeks to get here and I've had a few conferences and Easter to keep me occupied as well. Thankfully, I was able to get back on the bike this morning, so thoughts should be flowing freely that will keep me checking in.

Biggest thing going on right now is that we've made the first steps in making our departure for Sioux Falls official. We'll be communicating with different groups over the next few weeks and plan to be leaving sometime this summer. Still nothing concrete as far as jobs are concerned, but I'll get a little more worked up about that when it's June or July.

I am feeling very much at peace even though I hate to leave. I've already been observing "lasts" (last Easter, last Passover Meal) and have started to anticipate what's going to happen in terms of grieving over the next few months. Our time at Hanfield has shaped and grown us more than any other time in our lives. We have great friends who love us, some of who we may never see again. We have started things that we'll never get to see the fruit of and believe that the best days of ministry for the church will be after we have left.

We've had a few people tell us it's not too late to change our minds, but it's not mine to change. The call becomes more important to me as time goes on and if we were to stay here when we were called to leave, we'd do more harm than good. I believe that we are headed in the right direction and Tim shared with us today that he felt that release in prayer as well recently (just another way that God has confirmed the call).

We're praying to finish well and to help Hanfield by making the transition the best it can possibly be. Ironically, the best season of worship we've had in years has been the last three months. It makes it a little harder to leave, but I'd rather leave with things going well than when things are a mess. I know that God has someone in mind to replace us and I'm hoping that they are listening to His call.

No comments: